Buddy and Betty’s Pickled Shrimp
3 pounds shrimp, peel and devein; then cook in seasoned water
2 cups thinly sliced onions
—- Marinade —-
1 cup salad oil
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon celery seed
2 1/2 tablespoons capers, with juice
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (we use Crystal Brand)
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
3 whole bay leaves
1 (7-ounce) jar whole mushrooms, drained and halved
1 (6-ounce) jar quartered marinated artichoke hearts, with their marinade
1. First, mix the marinade ingredients together in a large container
2. After briefly boiling shrimp, “DO NOT OVERCOOK”, place shrimp and onions into the marinade and toss all together.
3. Place in refrigerator – When completely cool, cover container, return to the refrigerator.
4. Toss mixture occasionally.
5. Allow to marinate at least six hours.
6. When ready to serve, drain marinade and remove bay leaves.
Serve on a lettuce lined platter or in a bowl.
When placed on plates, garnish salad with finely chopped parsley and/or toasted almonds.